Powers to provide facilities

Parish councils have powers to provide some facilities themselves, or they can contribute towards their provision by others.

  • Acquisition and maintenance of rights of way

They may also provide the following, subject to the consent of the county council or unitary authority of the area in which they lie:

  • Signposting of footpaths

Representative powers

Parish councils must be notified by the district or county council of:

  • Footpath and bridleway (more generally, 'rights of way') survey


Copyright Galleywood Parish Council 2017