St Michael and All Angels

The Church whose soaring spire is a local landmark, is built on the highest point of Galleywood Common. In 1872 Arthur Pryor of Hyland House, Writtle laid the memorial stone of the church which was completed in 1873 in Gothic Revival Style. The ecclesiastical parish of St Michael and All Angels was established in 1874 from parts of the parishes of St John Moulsham, Great Baddow, West Hanningfield and Orsett (detached) - the eastern and northern boundary being marked by a series of ten large inscribed stones.

 

Copyright Galleywood Parish Council 2016